1. Make your Profile stand out
- Photo: upload a professional, recent picture of yourself.
- Summary: write a professional bio in first person. Make it conversational, it is you telling someone else about what you do. Keep it short. Include your professional expertise, interests and current position.
- Experience: Add a list of previously held posts with a 1 sentence description. This is NOT a resume, keep it brief.
2. Generate a robust set of Contacts
- Search and find colleagues, friends, former classmates and business associates and invite them.
- Use the advanced Search to find individuals by business, school or location.
- You will see that active business professionals will have 100+ contacts.
3. Join Groups that support your interests and career
- Search and find Groups that match your interests and bio. These could be professional associations, universities attended, former employers, and topical interest groups.
- Monitor and participate in Group Discussions to stay informed, find topics for conversation starters and create visibility and interest in your point of view.